Sun Protection Without the Greasy/Chalky Factor
A few years ago the wide-legged jeans borrowed from the days of disco reappeared on starlets and tastemakers. They looked smart and blithe, and the Jerry Hall and Farrah Fawcett comparisons danced along.
I wouldn’t covet, let alone purchase, a pair of these jeans if they were given away with gold bars in the back pockets. Despite their former popularity, only one woman looks decent in these pants and she has pencil legs that stretch from Maine to Maryland.
I felt this way about facial sunscreen, too. When one brand wasn’t casting a reflective sheen on my face, another was leaving behind a white-gray residue. I’m guessing I wasn’t the only person with that issue because each year the number of improved sunscreen options grows. Here are my five favorites:
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Daily Anti-Aging Primer with Sunscreen – Appropriate if you’re oily skin is somewhat legendary. It’s a primer so it’s thick, but you’re makeup won’t budge over this.
- Dermalogica Oil Free Matte SPF 30 – It mattifies without drying while preventing breakouts. It’s perfect.
- Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 – A tad glue-like in texture, but it gets the job done.
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios 45 Ultra Light Fluid for Face – The most lightweight sunscreen you’ll ever try.
- Dermalogica Welcome Matte SPF15 – You can forget about shine with this one.